Cell Microsystems is an early growth stage company that develops, manufactures, and markets scalable solutions making single cell separation technology available for every lab. An essential component of building enterprise value for the Company is the recruitment of highly motivated professionals who are willing to work in an entrepreneurial, small-company, team environment.
Are you a self-starter and independent worker capable of working towards common goals in a team? We welcome your qualified application for one of our open positions.
We are looking for an adept scientific communicator that can leverage scientific curiosity and technical skills to support internal and external application development. You will work with cutting edge technology with a wide range of applications. This position is ideal for a candidate that can directly support customers, while also contributing to scientific discovery and development of novel workflows.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Generates use-case data, application notes, and protocols for a variety of cell-based assay workflows (CRISPR, stem cells, gene-editing, 3D culture, organoid, etc.)
- Participates in analyzing data and interpreting results.
- Assists in educating customers and designing/troubleshooting customer-specific applications
- May travel to customer sites or conferences for demonstrations and training
- Works independently and as part of a cross functional team in the field and in-house
- Support multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail in a fast-paced
- Stay up to date with the current scientific literature
- Communicates with users to enhance their experience and identify new areas for product development
- May provide guidance, training or coordination for others.
- May lead project related activities.
- BS with 4+ years research experience in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field
- MS with 2+ years research experience in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field
- Experience with cell culture and cell-based assay development
- Hands on experience with molecular biology techniques: DNA, RNA, and protein isolation, cellular biology methods (CRISPR gene editing), and analytical testing
- Experience with fluorescence-based microscopy and image analysis
- Confident scientific communication skills, outstanding customer orientation
- Familiarity with biological material and safety protocols
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a diverse, dynamic interdisciplinary team is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional maturity, proactive communication skills, and strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Exemplary organization, protocol writing, and data analysis skills
- Strong initiative complemented with a sense of accountability, sense of urgency and adaptability
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Ability to travel on occasion
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
Additional desirable areas of expertise:
- Next generation sequencing
- Flow cytometry
- Single-cell based applications
- Advanced cell biology models (3D, primary, iPSCs, T-cells etc)
Cell Microsystems is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Cell Microsystems will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting/search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at Cell Microsystems via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Cell Microsystems. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Cell Microsystems as a result of the referral or through other means.
More about Cell Microsystems
Cell Microsystems was founded by Dr. Nancy Allbritton, Dr. Chris Sims, and Dr. Yuli Wang in 2010. Learn about our founders the history of the company.
Ready to be a part of our team? Get to know our employees.