Image, Track, Analyze, and Automate Isolation of Colonies from Single Cells
The CellRaft Air® System is an integrated platform that uses proprietary technology to maintain cells in an unperturbed state, leading to improved viability of single cells, highly proliferative colonies, and superior clonal outgrowth, that provides a dramatic increase in the number of clones available for downstream applications. With the system you can:
- · Obtain 10 – 50X more viable monoclonal colonies.
- · Grow single cells in a flask-like environment, without physically separating them, eliminating perturbation to cell physiology and ensuring viability and vitality of single cells as they develop into clones.
- · Identify cells of interest using powerful, label-free brightfield analysis software with user-defined parameters.
- · Automatically and gently isolate CellRafts containing cells or colonies of interest for downstream endpoint analysis or clonal expansion.
- · Create a complete image-based record of all clones to support regulatory submissions.
1. Seed Cells on CellRaft Array
Seeding cells on the CellRaft array is straightforward and comparable to seeding cells on any standard tissue culture dish. The dilute cell suspension is dispensed into the central reservoir, and cells settle into the microwells by gravity. The CellRaft Arrays are designed to yield a high number of single cells with the added benefit of shared media in a flask-like environment to increase viability and monoclonal outgrowth.
2. Image using CellRaft AIR System
Brightfield and fluorescence scanning provides single-cell resolution imaging in as little as seven minutes. The keyed orientation of the CellRaft arrays means that CellRafts can be scanned over the days or weeks needed to identify samples of interest without monopolizing the instrument with a single experiment.
3. Identify Cells of Interest in Software
CellRaft Cytometry™ allows for image-based verification of single cells to ensure monoclonality and analysis of a variety of parameters over time, ranging from morphology to gene expression. Users can easily define the characteristics of the target cells or colonies and map them for software-guided CellRaft selection for downstream isolation. Learn more about our software.
4. Automated Isolation to 96-well Plate
After identification, the CellRafts are gently dislodged from the CellRaft Array by a release needle and retrieved from the array by a magnetic wand to transfer the CellRafts into 96-well plates for downstream analysis. The fully automated CellRaft AIR System enables gentle, dissociation free isolation of fully validated, intact clones for propagation without dissociation or fluidics.
The flask-like culture conditions of the CellRaft Array combined with the automated and gentle isolation of identified cells, colonies, or organoids of interest results in a higher outgrowth percentage post-isolation than can be accomplished with limiting dilution or traditional cell sorters and dispensers.
Clonal outgrowth efficiency of CHO-K1 cells in n=3 96-well plates using limiting dilution and CellRaft AIR with 100s and 200s array formats.
iPSCs grown on a CellRaft Array. The CellRaft is isolated on Day 6 into a 96-well plate where the iPSCs continue to grow off of the CellRaft.
DOWNLOAD THE BROCHURE
INSIDE OUR SYSTEM
CAPABILITIES OF THE CELLRAFT AIR SYSTEM
- Cell line development
- CRISPR gene editing
- Stem cell culture
- Organoid development
- Single-cell genomics
- Cell-drug interactions
- Cell-cell interations
- Cell characterization
Ideal Cell Types
- Stem cells (including iPSCs)
- Animal or human cells
- Primary cells
- Immortalized cells
- Adherent cells
- Suspension cells
- Bench-top instrument
- Attached computer
- On-instrument and off-instrument software included
- Optional stage-top incubation system
- Start-up kits come with CellRaft Arrays and accessories