CellRaft System for Inverted Microscopes
For scientists who do not have access to an CellRaft AIR® system, we offer an approach to use the CytoSort® Array manually.
We developed an accessory device that can fit a standard inverted microscope. Users can use the microscope to view their cells on the arrays, manually release individual CellRafts and manually collect/deposit those CellRafts into standard multiwell plates or PCR tubes.
Accessory Device for Inverted Microscopes
The accessory device is designed to fit a range of microscope models with differing objective diameters. After fitting over the objective, the device is connected to a control unit. With the push of a button, the user actuates a needle to release an individual CellRaft from the CytoSort Array.
Contact us for ordering information.
- The Motorized Release Device
- Remove any stage inserts to access the objective
- Feed the cable through the stage opening.
- Place the Motorized Release Device over the objective, positioning it as far down the objective as possible.
- Holding the base of the Motorized Release Device with one hand, rotate the tightening right clockwise with the other hand to clamp the release device to the microscope objective.
- Remove the cap of the Motorized Release Device by sliding it vertically to avoid damage to the release needle underneath.